Sunday, June 14, 2009

Web 2.0

Welcome to what hopes to be a series of comments and thoughts on various articles pertaining to Web 2.0. Who knew we were in web 1.0 when we were there? Back in the old days when it was all about usenet, Gopher and using Archie to access ftp servers, was that 1.0? It seems like 0.5 to me. I will have to look around and see when 1.0 started. To me the internet became the Internet when the first GUI browsers such as Mosaic became available.
Well intrepid followers, it's off to the articles...

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way when I was reading the articles on 2.0 and had no idea that we had moved on, where was I.
    I was very confused when I was backgrounding the Sakai Project, mostly because I was unfamiliar with the technology. I guess the fact that we moved on to Web 2.0 explains that.

    ReplyDelete